The WSQ Diploma in Adult and Continuing Education (DACE) is a 280 hours accelerated diploma programme that will boost your professionalism and competitiveness within the Continuing Education and Training (CET) Industry.
DACE is a higher level practice-based qualification, which takes a much more comprehensive approach to the professional development of the CET community. It covers new areas such as Reflective Practice and Needs Assessment and provides the opportunity to specialise in areas such as curriculum development, E-learning and workplace learning. It aims to develop well-rounded, highly skilled, professionals who have the expertise to work in the WSQ system and beyond, in a wide range of institutional settings supporting the education and training of adults.
You may also register for the Course Preview here.
IAL runs the 280 hours Accelerated DACE Programme for participants who have already attained the WSQ Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA).
The Diploma course may take between 12 to 18 months depending on whether you embark on full-time or part-time study. Sessions will be conducted at least twice a week. All participants have a choice of attending day or evening classes. Click here to access the course schedule.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE
The Diploma programme is ideal for:
- New and practising curriculum developers who need to design courseware within the Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) framework.
- Practising adult educators who wish to upgrade within the WSQ system.
- New and experienced Specialist Assessors within the WSQ system.
- Anyone who wishes to join the adult education and training profession at diploma level.
The new CET Qualification Award (CQA) aims to encourage workers, who are Singapore Citizens, to attain full qualifications that will equip them with a more comprehensive skills set. Read more
All DACE participants should possess the following:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English*
- Sound analytical abilities
- Strong presentation skills
- Good IT and research skills
- Personal aspirations that align with a CET career pathway
* Learners should possess literary skills at the proficiency skill equivalent to Level 6 in the WSQ Employability Skills System (ESS) or minimum Grade C6 in GCE ‘O’ Level English.
To apply, applicants must possess full Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) qualification (CU1 to CU6), and have a hosting organisation for the practicum phase of the programme ie., Practicum Host Organisation (PHO).
The following documents are to be submitted with your application:
- Completed and signed Letter of Consent by the organisation hosting your practicum ie., Practicum Host Organisation (PHO),
- Photocopy of NRIC,
- Documentary evidence of Level 6 literacy skills in the WSQ Employability Skills System (ESS), or minimum Grade C6 in GCE ‘O’ Level English.
These documents must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (Attn: DACE Prog Mgr) within 2 weeks from the online application.
PARTICIPATE IN RESEARCH
IAL undertakes research and evaluation studies, and advocates reflective practice as part of its commitment to continuous improvement and best practice. Training sessions in IAL may be video recorded from time to time, and participants of IAL programmes may be requested to participate in research studies. We seek your cooperation to support these efforts when called upon to do so. Through these participation, you will contribute to the ongoing effort to professionalize CET practice and improve IAL programmes.