Fred Tan (Mr)
Managing Director & Co-Founder | Genium & Co Pte Ltd
Fred Tan (Mr) is an award-winning Leadership Expert. He has more than 25 years of proven leadership experience where he has led military personnel up to Brigade level, comprising 3,500 personnel and $250 million worth of equipment.
Having a deep passion in wanting to develop his staff to their fullest potential, Fred took on the Human Resources function in the military and acquired the skills, knowledge and experience in recruitment, learning & development, performance management, employee engagement and succession planning. He then took these experiences to the field with operational stints in East Timor, Banda Aceh and United Nations Headquarters in New York.
Fred’s unique experience is both hands-on and academic having acquired qualifications from Ivy-league institutions in America. This provided him the strong under-pinning knowledge to his leadership experiences and positioned him to assume the role of Head of the Singapore military’s Centre for Leadership Development. In this position, he was able to conceptualise and implement a top-of-class leadership development system for over 15,000 military leaders annually, winning the “Best in Leadership Development” from HRM Asia in 2016.
In 2018, Fred decided to take his skills, knowledge and experience to the marketplace to benefit more men and women. First things first, Fred believes that leadership begins with personal mastery and he has launched a signature programme to help aspiring leaders acquire that – Putting the “I” in Leadership.
A West Point graduate, Fred holds a MSc in HR Development & Management from NYU and a Master in Human Capital Leadership from SMU. He received his training in Leadership Development and Crisis Leadership at Harvard University. Fred’s other qualifications include:
- Specialist Adult Educator (Curriculum Development)
- WSQ Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA)
- Certified Transformative Coach (Coach Masters Academy)
- Certified Administrator of CCL’s Benchmark 360 assessments
- Level 7 Advanced Diploma Qualifications (CIPD)
- Certified Outward Mindset and Leadership Facilitator (Arbinger Institute)
- Foundational Facilitation Workshop (Facilitators Network Singapore)
- Certified TetraMap Facilitator (TetraMap International)
- Design Thinking Fundamentals by Design Thinkers Academy
- Associate Member, Practising Management Consultant (PMC)
- Ordinary Member, Singapore Institute of Directors