This section lists the resources and useful information for IAL learners to stay connected and updated throughout their learning journey.
With the exception of the selected modules where selected skills-based segments will be conducted face-to-face, all other lessons, coaching and assessment sessions scheduled from now till further notice will continue to be held online.
For more information, please click here.
Learners can manage their programmes and assessments through MyIAL e-services, with access to a personalised inbox, training attendance, assessment results and transaction history.
Workfare Training Support (WTS) will be replaced by Workfare Skills Support (WSS) from 1 Jul 2020. There will be no course fee subsidies under the new WSS.
1. Introduced in 2015, all Singaporeans aged 25 and above will receive an opening credit of S$500. There is no expiration for this. From 1 Apr 2020, eligible Singaporeans can start using their one-off SkillsFuture Credit top-up of $500. This top-up will expire on 31 Dec 2025. Only self-sponsored applicants can use SFC to offset the course fee of SFC eligible courses offered by IAL. Please click here to check if the course you are applying would qualify.
2. To use your SFC credit for the eligible courses, you can apply by selecting the option via an on-screen prompt at the end of your registration via MyIAL. Please note the submission period for your SFC claim via MySkillsFuture needs to be within 60 days before the course start date (date inclusive). If your course start date is more than 60 days from the date of SFC application, the SSG-SFC portal would reject your application. In this case, you would need to pay the full course fees at the end of your course application.
3. If you’re making partial course fee payment (SFC + cash), please pay the balance at the payment page (via eNets/credit card (VISA or MasterCard)) by 11.59pm (Singapore Time) on the same day of registration or else your SFC application will be voided.
4. Please note that the additional SkillsFuture Credit (Mid-Career Support) of $500 available from 1 Oct 2020 could not be utilised for IAL courses as our courses currently do not fall under the ‘Career Transition Programmes’ category.
5. For more information on SFC, please refer to the FAQs here.
Singaporeans aged 40 years old and above can receive up to 90% funding for programme fees of supported programmes.
The Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA) is part of the Post-Secondary Education Scheme which you may use to pay for eligible WSQ programmes.
Instructions on registration for IAL courses using PSEA to offset fees
1. Check your PSEA balance to determine the amount to be used for offsetting the course fee. Any balance payment would have to be made by bank transfer when IAL staff contact you. You can call their 24-hour automated PSEA hotline at 62600777 to check your balance. Latest PSEA balance information will be updated every Wednesday.
2. Click on the selected schedule and proceed with the registration on MyIAL. Important - Do not proceed to ‘payment’.
3 a. To make an adhoc PSEA withdrawal application from your own account, submit the PSEA eform.
4. Please complete the above on the same day of application before 5:00 pm (Singapore Time) Monday to Friday except public holidays. If this is not done, your registration will be cancelled in the system.
5. Should your PSEA application be rejected, please note that your registration for the IAL course will be cancelled.
The LLibrary at Lifelong Learning Institute is equipped with a wide range of resources, which is open to members of public. The LLibrary is located at #03-02 (via Lobby B).
For more information, please click here.
The Terms & Conditions listed below are applicable for all IAL Programmes:
1. All interested learners are required to comply with the Institute for Adult Learning (IAL)’s entry requirements and application procedures, including the submission of supporting documents, and/or attending a pre-enrolment screening/interview.
2. All applications are subjected to review by IAL and the decision is final.
1. The indicated fee payable (inclusive of GST) will cover training sessions and course assessment, taking into account the funding / grant that the applicant is eligible for. Reassessment is not eligible for any grants or subsidies.
2. An applicant can only enjoy the funding / grant once for a programme. Should an applicant fail to achieve the competency and/or attendance required for the programme, full fee is payable upon re-enrolment.
3. For programmes with a screening component, the applicable screening fee would be borne by unsuccessful applicants. In such cases, no funding / grant including the SkillsFuture Credit (SFC) could be utilised.
4. A non-refundable administration fee of S$53.50 (inclusive of GST) is applicable for every change request; e.g. withdrawal from a programme, rescheduling of module and/or assessment, including reassessment etc.
1. Learners are expected to take responsibility of their learning journey in IAL to benefit fully from the programme. Full attendance for all classes is therefore strongly encouraged. Absence, as a result of unforeseen circumstances, has to be substantiated by medical certificate or valid documentary proof. Learners unable to meet the minimum attendance requirement of 75% (per module) mandated by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) are required to reschedule the affected module and remaining modules where applicable.. Rescheduling requests are subject to an administrative fee highlighted in Para 4 above. A maximum of 3 reschedule requests are allowed for both course and assessments.
2. For corporate sponsored learners, please note that minimum attendance requirement of 75% per module must be met to be eligible for absentee payroll claims.
3. Applicants enrolled into the programme with course fee funding / grant are obliged to successfully complete all the assessments according to the programme requirements. Otherwise, IAL reserves the right to recover the course fee funding / grant disbursed.
1. A maximum of 3 rescheduling for training or assessment requests are allowed per programme. The request would not be processed if the candidature period has expired.
2. IAL reserves the right to request for supporting documents when necessary.
3. A non-refundable administration fee of S$53.50 (inclusive of GST) applies for every change request.
4. The next available slot will be offered for programme/module rescheduling request.
5. For assessment, assignments are to be submitted 5 calendar days prior to the assessment date. Non-adherence to the assignment submission deadline could result in cancellation of the assessment session.
6. Assessment rescheduling request should be made at least 5 calendar days prior to assessment via MyIAL e-services. The rescheduled assessment should be taken within 4 weeks from original date. Upon IAL’s approval, the new assessment date will be final and no further change requests will be processed.
7. The application is subjected to review by IAL and the decision is final.
1. Candidates are permitted two attempts at assessment per module.
2. Candidates who are unable to successfully complete assessment need to note the following:
1st attempt at assessment
Not Yet Competent (NYC)
[Absence without a valid medical or compassionate reason]
2nd attempt at assessment
Not Yet Competent (NYC) or
3. Candidates who wish to appeal against their ‘NYC’ outcome may do so within 5 working days from date of assessment. An appeal fee of $107 (inclusive of GST) is payable per request. If the appeal is unsuccessful, the candidate would attend reassessment and a re-assessment fee of $107 (inclusive of GST) is payable.
1. Request for withdrawal from a programme is subjected to review by IAL and the decision is final. IAL reserves the right to request for supporting document(s).
2. A non-refundable administration fee of S$53.50 (inclusive of GST) is applicable for withdrawal request.
3. If the withdrawal notice is given less than 2 weeks before the programme start date, the paid fees will not be refunded.
4. Learners who withdraw on their own accord or fail to complete the programme/module within the candidature period are deemed to have withdrawn and will not be eligible for funding subsidy for the same programme for a second time, should the learner register at a later date.
IAL reserves the right to cancel or postpone any programmes or modules. Applicants will be duly notified and the full fees will be refunded, where applicable.
1. Please refer to the Learner’s Code of Conduct in the Learning Management System (LMS) for more information. IAL reserves the right to debar learners from continuing any courses when required.
1. IAL respects the protection of personal data. By providing your personal information, you allow IAL to contact you on all courses related matters, during and after your course of learning at IAL; including end of course outcome evaluation, surveys and provision of information on continuing professional and/or capability development courses by IAL or its appointed representatives.
2. Any information that you submit or disclose to IAL (including your personal data) may be disclosed by IAL to:-
(i) the Government of the Republic of Singapore;
(ii) any other Singapore statutory board; and
(iii) any third party engaged by IAL to maintain, repair or enhance IAL’s website(s), to perform research or survey(s), or to otherwise perform services for IAL
(Collectively the “Recipients”)
for such purpose deemed appropriate by IAL. You agree not to hold IAL responsible or accountable in any way for the manner in which any Recipient uses, handles or further discloses the information that you submit or disclose to IAL.
3. This website may contain links to non-Government websites of third parties whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the contents of, and data protection or privacy practices applicable to, these other websites.
4. Classroom training and assessment sessions may be recorded by IAL for internal review and administrative purposes.
5. IAL reserves the right to make changes or modification to these Terms and Conditions at any time, from time to time without prior notice, as it deems appropriate.