WSQ Advanced Certificate in Learning and Performance (ACLP)
Course reference number: TGS-2019503584
Advisory and Updates on COVID-19: From 1 June 2022, IAL will resume blended learning for all programmes, except existing fully online WSQ Advanced Certificate in Learning & Performance (ACLP) cohorts, which will continue to be conducted online.
The new Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) Advanced Certificate in Learning and Performance (ACLP) is a Train-The-Trainer (TTT) programme designed to equip you with SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) recognised Training and Adult Education (TAE) competencies to not only perform the role of a learning facilitator, assessor of SSG-funded certifiable courses, but also as a budding learning solutionist who is able to support the performance needs of enterprises and learners experiencing industry transformation.
The WSQ ACLP programme is aligned to Skills Framework for Training and Adult Education (SFw TAE) and has replaced the WSQ Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA)^.
Upon completion of the WSQ ACLP programme, you will be issued with a WSQ Advanced Certificate from SkillsFuture Singapore which you can obtain through MySkillsFuture Portal.
This programme is offered by the Institute for Adult Learning (IAL), an autonomous institute of the Singapore University of Social Sciences (UEN: 200504979Z) (SUSS).
^ If you have attained the WSQ Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA), you will continue to be recognised as meeting SkillsFuture Singapore's Adult Education qualifications requirements for Adult Educators to function as Trainers and Assessors for SSG-Funded WSQ and non-WSQ Certifiable courses.
Learn key principles in adult learning, instructional design and classroom learning delivery
Adopt the Skills Framework for employers, employees and training providers
Conduct technology-enabled learning for your learners
Conduct workplace learning interventions aligned to enterprise needs
Learn how to implement competency based assessments
Essential if you want to be an educator for adults as most training happens at the workplace.
Who Should Attend
Aspiring and existing Training and Adult Education (TAE) professionals who are
Keen to facilitate learning and assess adult learners through the design, reflection and continuous improvement of learning activities in an array of learning settings such as classroom, workplace and technology-enabled learning contexts
Keen to enhance their sector-domain specialist skills with fundamental and emerging TAE competencies, and undertake business transformation challenges affecting enterprises and workers
The WSQ Advanced Certificate in Learning and Performance (ACLP) programme consists of 6 modules (5 Core and 1 Elective).
Module 1: Facilitate Learning Experiences for Adult Learners
Understand key principles in adult learning, instructional design and classroom learning delivery to facilitate learning experiences aligned to learner needs and desired outcome.
Module 2: Adopt Skills Framework for Professional Growth
Adopt the Skills Framework for different stakeholders - employers, employees and training providers to enhance your learning programme and work activities.
Module 3: Facilitate Technology-Enabled Learning
Adapt readily available learning technology tools to incorporate, enhance and facilitate technology-enabled experiences for your learners.
Module 4: Facilitate Workplace Learning
Develop and facilitate workplace learning interventions aligned to learners and enterprise needs to drive performance outcomes.
Module 5: Design Learning Solutions to Address Performance Needs
Design and develop learning solutions by scoping problems and prototyping solutions to drive performance.
Elective Module 1: Interpret WSQ and Assess Competence
Learn how to interpret the Singapore WSQ system and its competency standards to design and implement competency based assessments.
Exclusive for applicants who registered for the full ACLP programme, the ACLP Checkpoint connects you to IAL Career Advisors who will help you understand the requirements and opportunities to pursue a career in Training and Adult Education (TAE).
The ACLP Checkpoint is conducted after completion of ACLP module 2 - Adopt Skills Frameworks for Professional Growth.
Have good English proficiency (English language at GCE 'O' Level of C6 and above, or WSQ Workplace Literacy skills of Level 6 and above). Please refer to the table below table for acceptable alternatives.
Possess appropriate level subject matter specialisation and industry experience, relevant for the design, facilitation and assessment of learning.
Minimum 2 years of domain expertise.
Possess basic information and communication technology (ICT) skills.
Be able to source and analyse relevant materials from the workplace, library, internet or online databases for design and development of learning resources.
Enhanced Recognition of Prior Learning
At the Institute for Adult Learning, we recognise comparable Training and Adult Education (TAE) qualifications and relevant TAE experiences that have sufficient equivalence in content and learning outcomes with our programmes for credit exemption. This allows applicants to progress through our qualifications without having to attend training and assessment for the relevant module(s) of these matched qualifications and relevant experiences. Please refer to the process and application for exemption(s) through our One-Stop Skills Credentialing (OSSC) platform here.
After IAL has awarded you with credit exemption(s), you will then be eligible to take the remaining standalone modules through modularised learning and attain the WSQ Advanced Certificate in Learning and Performance (ACLP) full qualification. Please refer here for information on modularised learning.
If you did not attain any credit exemption, please sign up for the full programme.
Note: The complimentary RPL Advisory Chat service is no longer available.
One of the best experiences that has helped me to provide more engaging and richer learning for my learners.
Fees and Funding
^SkillsFuture Funding and SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)
- For each module, you must achieve at least 75% attendance, and pass assessments.
- For more information on MCES, refer here.
- Only self-sponsored applicant can use SkillsFuture Credit.
- You can use SkillsFuture Credit, SkillsFuture Credit Top-Up and the $500 Additional SkillsFuture Credit (Mid-Career Support) to offset the fees. Please register within 60 days from start date of the programme.
- For more information on SkillsFuture Credit, refer here.
Payment Advisory for Self-sponsored and Company-sponsored Applicants
- You will be required to make the course fee payment via eNets/credit card (VISA or MasterCard) and/or SkillsFuture Credit (SFC) - (applicable for self-sponsored applicant) at the end of the registration process. Please note that the system will automatically cancel the registration if full payment (including SFC, where applicable) has not been successfully processed by 11.59pm (Singapore Time) on the same day of the registration. You will have to reapply for the course, subject to seat availability at the point of re-registration.
- For dedicated corporate runs with a contract signed with IAL, billing and payment will follow the terms of the signed contract. If you wish to find out more on customised corporate arrangements, please get in touch with us at +65 6579 0300 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Programme Administrative Information
Find out more resources and useful information for IAL learners to stay connected and updated throughout their learning journey. You will be required to login to MyIAL. If you are new to MyIAL, please register for a MyIAL account and activate it.
An eye-opening course that is useful for self-upgrading.
Course preview provides the opportunity for you to gain a better understanding of the WSQ Advanced Certificate in Learning and Performance (ACLP), and participate in a Q&A session with IAL.
Course preview is conducted online via Zoom. (For information on How to Join a Zoom meeting, refer here.)
The next programme preview is scheduled on Tue, 06 Sep 2022, 6.30pm to 8.00pm. Please download the preview slides here.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Adopt an open-minded, innovative and enterprise-relevant mind-set to help learners and enterprises to address skills gaps and industry needs.
- Adapt, adopt and facilitate blended learning solutions (including classroom, workplace and technology-enabled learning modes) for effective learning to meet performance outcomes.
The WSQ ACTA equipped TAE professionals with a strong grounding in pedagogical training and competencies to facilitate training and assess learning competencies. The ACTA aimed to raise the quality of trainers and assessors offering WSQ accredited programmes.
The ACLP will include new components such as learning solutions and workplace learning facilitation which are additional areas of focus besides classroom training and assessment. The ACLP will equip TAE professionals with the current skills in demand and this will now be extended to non-WSQ training providers under the new qualification requirements.
There are no requirements on the workplace industry, revenue or employment size.Key considerations include whether ACLP learner is able to:
- Gain access to your relevant stakeholders:
- At least 1 workplace “learner” to conduct workplace learning delivery.
- At least 1 or more management rep as “subject matter expert(s)” to gather performance requirements of workplace “learner”.
- Conduct a 30-min workplace learning delivery and a 30-min coaching at the work site of workplace “learner” for Module 4.
- Gather feedback and inputs on the effectiveness of workplace learning design and delivery from the stakeholders.:
- Conduct a trial of the learning solution prototype at a suitable workplace and gather data on the positive benefits for Module 5.
There will be no replacement or make-up lesson for learners who have missed a class.
If you fall short of the 75% attendance requirement in a module, you will not be allowed to take assessments. You may request a re-scheduling of session(s). Terms and conditions with an applicable fee apply:
Please click here to make the request.
All of IAL's courses include a substantial component of self-directed learning. As such, we expect learners to complete their preparation work and/or assignments independently before the scheduled classroom time.
- Take note of, and observe all submission deadlines of assignments, which may include but not limited to written assignments (draft and final), video recording, self/peer assessment record, etc. Failure to do so may result in chargeable re-scheduling/re-assessment and/or a 'Not Yet Competent' assessment result for the module.
- Final assignment must be submitted by the prescribed deadline before the scheduled assessment date; failing which you will be deemed to have forfeited your assessment attempt. You will be required to schedule a one-time re-assessment within 5 working days of the initial assessment date at a charge of S$160 (before GST).
- Exceptional circumstances should be submitted to IAL with supporting documents for consideration, and upon review, IAL's decision will be final.
All WSQ certificates are issued by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) through MyskillsFuture Portal. Your SOAs, transcript or full qualification will be available 4 to 6 weeks upon the completion of the module or final assessment.
Notifications of e-Certificates (e-Certs) are also available via the MySkillsFuture mobile App.
Singaporeans and permanent residents can access/download the WSQ e-Certs upon logging in to the MySkillsFuture portal via SingPass and following the steps below:
Go to the MySkillsFuture portal
Click the SingPass icon and log in via SingPass
Go to Skills Passport > click on Certificates to view WSQ e-Certs records
Select trainee's WSQ e-Certs and click on "Download e-Certs"
Foreign trainees could follow the steps below:
Go to the MySkillsFuture portal
Go to 'Digital Services'.
Under 'Individuals', click 'Download Certificates'.
Click 'No Portal ID'.
Enter the relevant information to retrieve your certificates.
You may also view the user guide here.